Water, a universal solvent, is very important to every living being on Earth. From animals to plants, all organisms need water. As for human beings, we are about 50-70 percent made out of water. What would happen if you do not drink enough water? How can we tell?
You like water? Then you already like 70% of me!
As we know, we are about 50-70 percent water. It does vary from time to time, for example, infants are about 75 percent water, and average adults are 55-60 percent water. Why do infants contain more water? It is because infants and children have larger surface to volume ratio than adults, meaning that children have less volume compared to adults (children are lighter than adults in ratio!). As a result, children are more likely to dehydrate due to water loss through skin. Therefore, infants and children need to contain more water in order to avoid dehydration.
Not drinking enough water? What would happen?
If you do not drink enough water, you will experience some symptoms. The symptoms are as follow:
- Constipation: You body needs fluids to digest and carry the stool out of your system. In other words, if you are really dehydrated, you might experience difficulties in bowel movements.
- Dry Skin: Your skin will become dry. It can be because it is winter time or simply because you are dehydrated.
- Body Aches: We do need water in our cells. Once you are dehydrated, you might experience body aches and some muscle aches.
- Feeling Tired: If you already have a great night sleep but still feel tired, it might be because you are dehydrated. If you feel tired all the time, it is likely that you are constantly dehydrated.
- Feeling Thirsty: Feeling thirsty is always an obvious indicator that your body is dehydrated. Drink some water if you are thirsty.
- Cannot Focus or Become Moody: Being dehydrated all the time can affect your neurology. It means that it can affect your ability to concentrate, mood control, etc...
How can you tell whether you are dehydrated?
The obvious indicator of dehydration will be the feeling of thirst. Drink more water if you feel your mouth is dry. The other one will be looking at your urine. If your urine is light in color, you have a healthy hydration level. On the other hand, if your urine is dark in color, you might be dehydrated or even have some other health issues.
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.eagopure.com/